I have the luxury right now to soak in the quiet of life. As such, I notice little things around me. Tomorrow is my 38th birthday, or as Daddy would say, “my 5th birthday for the 33rd time”. 😉 And because of this I am extra emotional. I’ve destroyed a box of facial tissue or two in the past few days. In an attempt to lift my spirits and help kiddo feel better too I decided to get us out and head to Northwest Trek. Northwest Trek is a “fluffy people friendly” safari, in that you can drive around the 438 acre property and see all of the amazing Northwest-esque wildlife all without leaving the comfort of your car. No hiking. No dirty shoes. No bug bites. Just photos and swooning at big, fluffy bison. 🙂 It was really nice. If you ever get the chance to see a bison (which is as big as a car!) I highly recommend it.
So, for 55 minutes we saw caribou, bear, elk, moose, mountain goats, and more! It was amazing…
Kiddo and I absolutely LOVE animals, and Daddy always took us to petting zoos, aquariums, etc. so it felt like a fitting way to honor him on our day out. Then we went out for sushi (Daddy/my favorite food) for supper. I have no doubt he was with us all day smiling down and swooning at the animals too.
As we were driving home I fell deep in thought. There are things that occur all around me that often leave me perplexed. Here are some of the things I saw today.
**Note: I am writing this with dry humor and a chuckle to try and be cheerful when life feels so sad. So, I hope you find these humorous too.**
- Have you ever noticed that rednecks exist everywhere? Everyone thinks that rednecks are in the south of the US. But the truth is: big trucks with obnoxious drivers, motorcyclists clad with rebel flags, truck nuts, oversized flags, blaring country music, etc. exists everywhere in rural areas.
- Have you ever seen a bumper sticker that is a number? Example: 26.2 or 13.1. Those are for marathoners. It’s like a subtle way for marathoners to say, “Ha! I ran in a marathon!”. I think there should be more bumper stickers with numbers. For example: 14 for the number of stretch marks I got after having kids. 10.3…. the time that I crash each night because I’m old now. 4… the number of times I have to get up and go pee after drinking a glass of water because I am a woman with the bladder of a bird.
- Why do they sell ceramic egg holders for your fridge? Does anyone ever actually use those things? I thought everyone simply uses the cardboard egg carton that the eggs come in!
- Why do neighbors stop and talk to each other while passing in their car? There is no possible way that you can have a quality conversation while your car is running and you’re trying to talk over two engines.
- Have you ever heard of people throwing undergarments on stage at a concert? My random thought was: do you think any rock star has ever gotten a pair of panties thrown at them… and then tossed them back? I would die laughing if they did!
Alright friends, time to rest my eyes for now but I hope you all are well and I will be back again soon. Until next time. x